DUI’s can be life-altering, so you may be wondering if you need an attorney to help protect you against the most severe punishments. If you’ve been charged with a DUI, you’re most likely facing a serious fine, the loss of your driver’s license, job loss, and maybe even jail time. Regardless of if you end up hiring a DUI attorney or not, you should still have a consultation so you understand what your options are.
While we may appear biased, a DUI lawyer can be awfully helpful in getting your charges lowered, or maybe even dropped. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons you may want to hire one.
Reasons Why You Need a DUI Attorney in Fort Collins
- The possibility of having your charges reduced or dropped is much higher when you have an attorney. An experienced, creative DUI lawyer could be able to identify technicalities from your arrest or case that would enable your case to be dropped/reduced.
- If you’re looking at the probability of being found guilty, it helps to have someone experienced on your side. We have years of experience as DUI attorneys here in Fort Collins, which means we know many of the local judges and prosecutors. This works in your favor because we may be able to negotiate a strong plea deal or reduction for you.
- DUI attorneys are able to subpoena police officers and others who were involved in your arrest and can gain access to the police report, which may provide crucial evidence needed to get your charges dropped or reduced.
- If the judge hearing your case is known for being unfavorable, a top Fort Collins DUI attorney may be able to delay your hearing until a different judge can preside.
- Public defenders aren’t as invested as us. They’re just too busy to care about their clients. This doesn’t mean they’re bad people or even bad at their jobs; they are simply overworked. This means that opting for a public defender will mean very little time and energy will be focused on your case.
- Working with an experienced Fort Collins DUI attorney ensures that you will always know what’s going on. We know the tactics used and understand exactly what the prosecution is planning. We can defend you against this and protect your rights.
Get a Consultation
Call an experienced Fort Collins DUI attorney today to find out what can be done for your case. There may be many factors in your case that could get your charges reduced or dropped, and that’s certainly something you want to be aware of. It’s not a risk you want to take, so call today.